Brod nad Dyjí


The village is located under Dunajovickými hills on the route of the Mikulov wine trail. In today's municipality has already settled farmers and a few prehistoric finds from the Roman settlement proves even during the high culture of the Roman Empire. Colony Guldenberg community was ever in the 13 century, written sources are shown in 1355 as součástdrnholeckého estate.

Soon after, however, was abandoned and was placed in the 60 the 16th century, less than two dozen subjects. Although the village was in the year 162 9 wasted the imperial troops, Thirty Years' War suffered less than other settlements in the area. The village at that time consisted of 37 houses. According Theresian land lines were Sonnenberger, Heidweingarten, Hausäckern 305 and other measures of vineyards, which, together with twenty-seven barrels of wine extract tithe suggest an advanced winery in the village.

Before the mid-19th century began to build cellars, sold mainly grapes and young wines. Mashausy allow maturation cellars and wine barrels, increasing its quality and regular šenkování directly under the vines. From the beginning of last century's record related to the wineries in the Dyjí Brod: "Happy is that the local wineries have an important tradition and overcome the crisis, caused in our biological pest of viticulture from the tiny mushroom and Fauna. Oidium was prevalent in the second half of the 19th century, mildew appeared in 1900 and a few years later the mite causing kadeřavost vine. The biggest pest phylloxera, however, was invading the roots of seedlings. This led to a radical reconstruction of vineyards and the introduction of copper and sulfur sprays. Was also altered the traditional vineyard range. Under the supervision of the French wine-growers were introduced Sylvaner and Riesling, red wines from Portugal and St. Laurent. Instead of keeping low-medium began to assert leadership in drátěnkách ... "

At present, the lines Lusy, kibitzer, Líšný Hill and Municipal-Chlumek grown mainly white varieties Grüner Veltliner and Neuburger.
 

The cellar alley

 

Colour front mills

A large basement area under the town municipal vineyard consists of 147-Chlumek cellars in several streets.

Location of the village on the road is an instructive example of Drnholec typology and development of basement structures in the Mikulov region.

The oldest wine cellars in the bottom row are from the early 19th century, as documented in the year 1808 a brick thrown into the basement vault on plot No. 281st Fundamentals of cellars dug in the hillside are built of limestone stone arch itself is jacketed with a brick. Length cellars varies, but usually does not exceed 30 meters. Neck is short and only slightly sloping, in the colony are buildings that have no neck. Several underground cellars with only předsklepím brick, the face is determined by colony primarily mills subsequently built out. Color façade ancient mills cowering in the green tree or classical building with a hint of ground floor porch turns the mill and granary in podstřeší highlighted lining holes. The dominant colony outbuildings mill is a massive two-storey Baroque morphology, which served as a tithe cellar drnholeckého estate.
 

Where you can taste wine

Uhlík Josef - Tel: 519 519 264, 732 489 481
 

The festivities associated with wine

Costumed feast (May)

Country, Bluegrass, Wine Festival (August)
 

Photo Gallery






 


 

© 1996 - 2019 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.