Drnholec – glorious past and rich tradition of wine


Drnholec fame has Mikulov, Lower Věstonice, refrigerator or Valtice, yet is a place with a glorious past, the importance of the late Middle Ages and the threshold of a new period of the Renaissance and Baroque monuments. His city has been welcoming visitors nearly a visible panorama of tall towers of the Church of the Holy Trinity and the massive buildings of the castle. A vibrant business sector in the town reveal ancient privileges allowing regularly held annual fairs and weekly and once-famous cattle markets. Today's appearance is just a reflection of Drnholec former glory estate, which was during its heyday Tauffenbachů associated with the family. The once prosperous village exhibition and the cruel fate played several times in previous centuries, but the hardest blow came in 1945 and the township is still not recovered from it. In the spring of that memorable year saw one of the fiercest fighting at the end of World War II in South Moravia. Tens, but rather hundreds of homes were completely destroyed, a large part of the building was seriously damaged. Most German-speaking population of the village had to move to their places came not only from novousedlíci all around Moravia, but also people from many parts of Europe. Wine estate tradition is captured in horenském Vinice order, which was promulgated in 1652. He had 41 articles and was the severest punishment of the pillory, which replaced the harsh punishments horenských other rights. Deciding on the most stringent punishment reserved the domain owner. Under the pillory was built according to law drnholeckého vine, which alienated neighbor 'cutting head, pulled him arcs, or broken or dug up a tree. Got a fine anyone who has committed some damage in the vineyard and was convicted. Duty manager was proper cultivation of vineyards, which oversaw the perkmistři (top), who also led horenské book. On the feast of Philip and James yearly basis, brought the general meeting of all winemakers, each of which had to pay a registration fee of two pfennigs. All vineyards had to be properly cultivated, the emphasis was then placed on a spring cut. Who has not it time vineyard lost, but his heir could get it back after paying five gold at the castle. Another section prohibits reside in the vineyard at sunset. The beginning of harvest was announced perkmistrem or councilors. At the time of harvesting grapes strictly supervised to ensure that no one did not bring to the village of mash, must and wine from foreign domination, or even from other villages drnholeckého estate. If someone has committed such an offense, it was confiscated smuggled wine to the municipality. Particularly with the strictly supervised, so as not to vineyard expelled cattle. Hotař were hired in late June, after the feast of Peter and Paul. Their task was to carefully watch and report any damage perkmistrům, but many fines they left only gleanings. Conversely vinohradníkům had to pay damages if you forgot something in the vineyard and Hotař is a warning. Fines imposed lords rarely, but then said it was worth. If someone properly cultivated because their vineyard wine or degraded, its vineyards dropped in favor of landlords.

Wine books drnholeckého estate (Weinbucher) of 18 century made an interesting picture of the management of wine in the village. Horenské Law (Weinbergrecht) bar to recognize three kinds of wine - old, stored and clean wine. The draft of the book shows that from January to April was served and saved the old wine, pure wine is tapped for the rest of the year. Wine is sold mainly in local tavern in the Town Hall. Each farmer had his own cellar, however, own wine and was very lavish home bar (Buschenschank). Decline drholeckého wineries and vineyards decline after 1945 was gradually stopped and vineyards spread. Today there are six lines in the area planted over 80 hectares of vineyards, U Křížku, Výsluní, Gallows Hill, Sun Hill, Hajda the pits, Sternberg grown mainly white varieties are famous local Riesling.


The cellar alley


Heritage preserved basement

Drnholec cellars in comparison with the time prior to 2 World War II greatly diminished. Many of them were destroyed, another underground facilities damaged during the liberation of the town novousedlíci restored. They remained two distinct sites located on the route of the Moravian wine trails, street Litobratřická and Hus. First of all cellars with mills along the road leading to the forefront of retaining the authentic wine-built buildings the original inhabitants of the city. Typical gutter-oriented multi-storey building mills, of which leads to the cellars of the neck sloping earthen. Short and straight brick cellar vault covers. Usually asymmetrically placed entrance and a small ventilation windows in the facade rendering often decorated with a brick lining. Although most of the cellars in both aisles drnholeckých suited to care more responsive to their owners and construction work, thanks to the typological diversity and preservation of original local pressing plant forms are an important example of the cellars cellar history of architecture. Perhaps the only exception to the character of local landlords malovinařského company is new and Winery The young and progressive company that its headquarters and production facility built from scratch at the end of the basement alley, specializes in producing high quality wines with special attributes and extractive cuvée.

Where you can taste wine

New Winery, Inc. - tel.519 519 082, www.novevinarstvi.cz

The festivities associated with wine

Wine Tasting (April)

Sitting at the cimbalom (October)

 

© 1996 - 2020 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.