Dubňany – vineyards, oak woods


The first written report of the village Dubňany from 1349 are reminded that Čeněk of Lipého sold Dubňany with Jarohněvice and Mokronosy Smil of Letovice. The name is derived from the settlement oak forests, as evidenced by the municipal seal from 1613, which is adorned with three oak branch with acorns. Viticulture was an integral part of agriculture in the village in the distant past, the history of planting and cultivation of vineyards falls into the period before the White Mountain. At that time, the Dubňany measuring about 150 (30 hectares) of vineyards, which seems a little on today's standards, but it should be borne in mind that Dubňany had in the early 17th century, only about 80 cottages. Vinice mountains gradually became blue cheese under the Railways Gross, Nivky the stone shed parts of Barnave and others. The existence of vineyards Vyšicku is documented before the year 162 0th Today, at the foot of the narrow boxes with rows of vines scattered colonies cellars under dubňanskú mountain. When there was built the first shed, but it is now barely learn. The development of viticulture in the 18th century, and various findings during demolition of the old cellars (wine tools, barrels, oak boards with BC), however, entitle us to assume that there are kennels for over two hundred years ago.

The cellar alley


Without water and electricity, as in times of great-grandfathers

Today, in a valley on the edge of vineyards scattered vyšických about 200 bud. Previously they used to be ground, built simply and effectively with adobe bricks - kotovic. Asymmetrically placed entrance to the mill ensure sufficient internal space and a small window grilles fitted to serve the basement ventilation. Čtyřspádová roof was originally covered with thatch. The walls were lime and olíčeny country modral half a meter tall obrovnávky belt. The oldest cellars were buck in the dirt, only younger have a brick vault. Originally a single storey appearance mills began to change significantly in the middle of last century. Cellars and mills ceased to fulfill only their economic function and became a social space with increased comfort and convenience. Because of the narrow land did not allow expansion of buildings, the mills are přistavovalo floor and facades of buildings covered břízolit contemporary and whimsical sgraffito decoration, porch and folk decorations. Although the original cellars Vyšicku already covered most of modern day reconstructions, number 126 in the basement you will find a sample wine at the time of our great-grandfathers. Unkempt brick mill with vydřeveným under a gable roof gable is decorated with handmade grille on the window and entrance door that is an example of craftsmanship. Since the mid-19th century are here today to make wine without water and electricity, cellar owners and their friends and koštují besedují by candlelight. Even Dubňany cellars served in the past not only to produce and store wine.

Points of interest

Pits in the cellars - called Lochy - have a safe place for hiding stores prior to the nobility. In the cellars where business and political coalitions, fan the flames and then deal with neighborhood and family disputes, negotiating marriage and dowry. In times of war, plague epidemics and discomfort to the cellars and the villagers fled, underground even bear children. Mrs. Hanáková Ondráčková was born in the cellar at the end of the colony in the 14th day of liberation Dubňany April 1945.

Where you can taste wine

BOARDING HOUSE WINE - tel.777901711

CELLAR UNDER DUBŇANSKÚ mountain - www.vinarskydum.com

The festivities associated with wine

WINE TASTING (Easter Sunday)

FEAST (October)
 

© 1996 - 2019 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.