Hrušky - Field preaching in the vineyards

Green vineyards and quiet and unassuming way planes rázovité folklore area leads to the wine trail Podluží pears. The village is in written sources first mentioned in 1368, when the estate belonged týnskému. With him in the 15th century became part of the estate Břeclav that in the 30 the 17th Century bought the Lichtenstein. For the development of the village was fatal openness of the landscape and proximity to the Hungarian border. The inhabitants of the village and their estates have frequently suffered from war and hardship predatory incursions into Moravia. At the beginning of the 17th Bočkajovci century decimated the county, village abandoned during the Thirty Years War, and was a big blow to the Turks invaded in the 1673rd
Pears wine tradition is reflected in the extant seal of 162nd It has a round shape, the seal is a field with four pear branches on the ends of the fruit on the left branch hanging grape. In the 18th century is documented in the village of vineyards and 10 hectares of vineyards the same area are shown again in 1900. In the 30th the last century in the village was founded Wine Party, which has been professionally at a higher level than similar clubs in the area. Party organized several lectures and so-called "field preaching" which was performed directly in the vineyard vine sample cut on his head and pulling. Also owned by parent vines, and to plant varieties bred in collaboration with the Research Institute in Mutěnice wine. Today, Pear, with more than 100 hectares of vineyards of the largest wine villages on Podluží. Grapes are grown in lines Žižkovské Joch, water sprite, above domains, receving, Sheep, California Sands. Varied composition of the plant variety of the local vineyards dominate Gruner Veltliner, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris, the blue is the most common varieties Lemberger, and Cabernet Moravia Zweigeltrebe.

The cellar alley


Vineyards and wine under the protection of God's good harvest

Wine works, now mostly mills ground cellars in the village consists of several continuous built-up areas. The oldest wine cellars in the basement where today's streets are shown in map 1 Military Survey of 1764 až 1768th Most of the original cellars of the mills that used to be covered by a thatched roof is rebuilt, the cellars were built some cottages. Still preserved several original farm buildings, a typical building from 19th and 20 century two-storey brick mill with wooden doors to store hay. Extension mills on the site of the original ground cellars and building new structures created in the 2nd half of the 20th century cellar area for playground. The cellars are dug underground vaults and buried a layer of soil. Gutter oriented kennels are built of burnt bricks. Newer ones have a living area, some are decorated with graffiti and Eva Hedwig Fukalíkové Sejákové.
On the wine trail route, at the beginning Záhumení street cellar, standing alone shed frost. Once a charming half-storey outbuilding, however dilapidated condition and is harbinger of many cellars in the street. And it used to be a street on which the book Pears - citizens of his community he writes: "In earlier times had cellars, which were built at the periphery of villages, thatched roofs and are called kennels. Later he began to build a low brick vaults. Inside was a room with tables and benches, where they drink, the others are in the barrels of wine. Drink at every opportunity, every Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. All wine is consumed, not sold any. "

Points of interest

The Podluží habits today include the driving of mountain and vintage: "When they ripen grapes, took place zarážání mountains. The vineyards are ceremoniously raised the "mountain", a stick decorated with a bouquet of wild flowers and grapes. Since then, the vineyards were not allowed to enter, protect Hotař. After the harvest dance took place - vintage. The grapes will be hung by the dancers tried to pluck. Once Hotař offenders caught, led him to jail and there had to pay a fine. "About 2001 he has been in the pear growers association Bonus Eventus. Name the Roman god of happiness, success in business and protector of the good harvest has set endowed with a group of friends of the five family wineries to promote the local wine co-branded. Bonus Eventus label is a guarantee of superior quality wines, the marketing co-branded agreed by all members of the association.

Where you can taste wine

ROMAN BENEŠ - tel.607 829 755
JIŘÍ NEŠPOR - tel.519 343 281
KAREL Čapek - tel.737 857 891,

The festivities associated with wine

Feast of Bartholomew (August)

© 1996 - 2020 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.