Skalka – racy and fresh wine from Podchřibí


Spread across the massive sandstone cliffs in the foothills of the rolling landscape Chřiby, Skalka resort has its silence and immobility as an image of the Old World. The village was already mentioned in 1318 as the property of the Bishop of Olomouc, and it can be assumed that the winery was in the Middle Ages an important component of livelihood of the population and an important addition to the agricultural business. Sloping vineyard near the village for centuries gave the racy and fresh wines typical of the northern wine-growing region, early 19th century, most vineyards have replaced the fields and orchards and wineries in the town nearly disappeared. The planting of new vineyards and winemaking renaissance in the village occurred in the late 19th century and was gradually vines planted in the field lines Skalecká mountain Nadskalí, Thursdays, and Pod Jahodná field. Today it is grown mainly early varieties such as Müller-Thurgau and Moravian Muscat, born there as well as high-quality wine varieties, Pinot Blanc or Riesling. Outside is an important tradition of wine making village of Easter eggs and Slovácko embroidered costumes. Local technology is "drafting" Easter eggs, ie vyškrabování ornaments painted in purple egg with a special stylus.
 

The cellar alley

 

Dear - stone facade of 30 last century

At the time of recovery skaleckého winery began on the northern end of the village and the area of ​​small cellars of winemakers called Dear. Kyjovská wine trail him around the village rises the chapel dedicated to St.. Joseph, with whom he has shared basement for colony formation. Smooth Surface area largely mills with stone facade consists of semi-trailers, and revive the heat of summer shade of birch and cranes. The oldest surviving building is stone ground mill with a cellar of 1891. The dominant story brick streets of the mill, dating to its inception in 1896 is inserted into the stone above the entrance to the mill. These are large multi-storey building of rectangular shape with a gabled roof eaves oriented. The building is built on a stone foundation, brick masonry and decorative function performs. The entrance to the mill and ground floor windows are decorated with enhanced lining and decorative brick work on the floor grid to ensure its ventilation. On the ground floor mill building is located, from which doors lead into the neck and the underground cellar. Wooden staircase leads to the mill floor, where it used to be a granary or chamber for storing fruit.
 
In terms of typology basement architecture prevalent in the colony with ground floor cellars, mills, and most of them come from the thirties of last century. Behind the stone facade of buildings usually dvouprostorových is rectangular room used as a mill and Besednice. It has mostly lined with stone base and vault. In addition to press, plates and there is usually also a table and benches for sitting. The předsklepí the entrance directly into the basement, which is excavated in the same level. The buck in the bank of clay and lime portrayed. Barrels of wine rest on kantýřích, which are massive logs on both sides of the cellar. Sign of a good cellar, stable temperature and humidity, which guarantees a floor of beaten earth, a layer of clay above the cellar and air vents - rampúchy. The effectiveness of structures, materials and craftsmanship are details on the runways and valuable set of harmonic basement architecture. It spoils the overall impression a few insensitive alterations and new construction in the upper part of the area that do not respect the style and moderation in the colony.
 

Where you can taste wine

Kolej GEORGE - tel.603 839 842, jiri.kolaja @ quick.cz
 

The festivities associated with wine

Feasts (March)
 
HODKY (July)
 

© 1996 - 2019 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.