Vracov - common cellars - a consequence prťáctví old winemakers and heritage


Thanks to Queen Constance was in the 13th century church built in Vracov dedicated to St. Lawrence and benefactor of Moravian wine makers was probably also the cradle wine in the village. The high status medieval settlement evidenced by the fact that here were transferred in 1264 by regional offices and from Breclav Vracov (former name of the village was working) became the seat of county offices pracovského region. The roots vracovského winery, we learn from the report of the Kromeriz Bishop Bruno in 1274, which states qualify Stockfischů brothers guilty to two thirds of the tithe of the local vineyards. An interesting note is that the right to tithe applies only if a good harvest. Winery in Vracov crofters have always paid more and sojourners, big farmers worked the fields and cultivate mainly cereals and vegetables. Lack of means the original owners of vineyards was probably instrumental in the rise of the common traditions of cellars, which are owned by several families. The oldest wine vracovské mountains are considered German named track and Husmus Pechgrunt, planting vines in these locations is expected at the time of pre-Hussite. Today's 90 hectares of vineyards are spread over the southern and southeastern slopes around the town lines in front part of the Virgin Mary, the holy hill of water, above the hill, Killer, rumen, Čihůvky, Křivolán and more. The most common variety in Vracov is Pinot Blanc, is also popular Chardonnay and Riesling. The old winemakers have been partial to Troliner, was popular in the past and Chasselas. Gruner had red and blue grapes in his youth and during světlaly softening gradually, so it was called Blue or Crazy Janek.
 

The cellar alley

 

In the beginning was the pastor Občíř

Handed down the legend of vracovských cellars, which served as a refuge during the Thirty Years War, is rather a legend, archival materials indicate the basement to the first building in the early 18th century. The first cellars were in the nature of gastropods vykroužených sow and have been used for storage and other agricultural production. Such a cellar before the mid-18th century took Občíř pastor and served for storage of church tithes. These are today's cellar No. 17, which is regarded as one of the oldest in Vracov. In 1805 he was provided with a brick vaulted cellar and shortly thereafter was gradually brick vaulted cellars of the majority. Archival sources indicate that in the mid-18th Vracov century in nine wine cellars, were added in 1812 to only two. In the neighborhood parish basement, located in the local barracks were in the 18th century cellars dug further and became the foundation of the oldest streets in the basement Vracov. Moist and cool underground passages were built only for wine but into storage in the kitchen and harvest them. The front of the long and spacious vaulted cellars are walled mill, separated by a passage in the brick basement bar. Spacious mill is used only for processing grapes, but also storage containers and tools. In some cellars used as Besednice mill, which is an important part of the basement, especially in its common use. Sometimes the hallway in the back of the septate wall and the door is a room Besednice in the deepest part of the cellar. In 1926, it featured twenty Barákách in cellars, in which farmed 600 winemakers. Even today it is not uncommon fifteen owners in a basement, it's not, however, that all owners were active winemakers. It is said that the descendants of the original owners often do not even know their share of space used and free tenants. In the early history of most cellars was one to two families. Division of shares between the children and the fact that the cellar was often along with vineyards brides dowry, caused no traits vintner who owns one meter long section marked on kantýři.
 

The Parliament vracovský

Cellar No. 14 and No. 15 in the center of the colony consists of two chambers of Parliament in Vracov wine. "Senate" with a length of 70 meters is one of the largest cellars in Barákách. Cellar was originally much longer, but for fear of choking or filling in the latest kvelbení walled part of the cellar. Naming vracovského most famous basement - "Parliament" - comes from a time when there met town councilors, the cup of wine to solve problems, which were argued in vain at the town hall. Explains the origin of the name one of the local winemakers, saying, "It is said that fifteen were originally communal cellar, where they had wine cellars Vracovské councilor ... always used to be the second town hall and the arena of political debate. Because wine makes good spirits and good humor good deeds, for most disputes, how to solve problems of the city, found a compromise here. And so came the name of the Parliament cellar. "Parliamentary cellar is 65 feet long and the entrance to the mill is a large framed porch decorated with folk paintings. The Cellar anthem vracovský Parliament praises not only wine and vineyards, but also fellowship and hospitality of the vintners.
 

Train - There was Stanek?

Other interesting vracovské cellars are dug in the square, where it is located spindle machine from 1840 and a giant barrel. Long basement corridor number 22 is closed door behind which there is a mysterious cavity. According to legend, is a hole in a vast underground labyrinth with a lake on which stands an oak table ... Under the cemetery, at the opposite end of the colonies in the cellar Barákách is unordered "Moscow", which acquired its name because of the ideological orientation of the landlords. One of the two originally separate cellars in the past stock of potatoes for the local distillery, cellar served as adjacent ledovna for hospitality and butchers from Vracov and its surroundings. Today, two cellars connected and form a unique basement space with two entrances in the brick facade. The oldest basement vracovská not belong to the most original colonies in Moravia, alterations and modifications of the second half of last century, often carry typical features contemporary architecture. However, it is decorated with vibrant wine community - besedující on benches before the wine cellars and open the door to the basement you will find here every day. A call of the open bottom of the cellar, "Stanek was there?" As present owner can indicate that you would like to taste his wine. Výtečník invented fictional character who likes to drink, and under pretext of searching for a friend looking into cellars. Legendary stand in cellars baráckých domesticated and today some winemakers use to query the presence of greeting.
 
A smaller site located on the route of the Moravian wine trails are cellars in the street Hus. Ground storey mills and cellars with the local name of the jams were built in the 40th the last century, some of them over the years has been historically regulated. The youngest basement area is Cihelka, since 1987, built on a ridge at Brick Street. The cellars are built in a semicircle in front of them and the space is adapted to sit and rest. The long history of winemaking and vibrant presence in Vracov and offers tourists the development of knowledge and wine cellars of buildings constructed over several centuries.
 

Where you can taste wine

WINE SHOP For ST. Lawrence - tel.518 323 307
 
Cellar lane Barak, at the jam sessions Cihelka
 

The festivities associated with wine

Josefská feasts (Saturday closest to March 19)
 
Harvest Festival (August)
 
EMPEROR FEAST (3rd weekend in October)
 

© 1996 - 2019 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.