Šitbořice  - crazy hills and vintage as a public holiday


Šitbořice was founded in 1255 as Sdeboric later Jesutboric, property Rajhrad monastery. The tradition of wine-grape and shows Kosíř the oldest municipal seal. In 136 5 horenské had their own right. The original German population replaced by settlers from the Thirty Years' War Prostějov. In 1791 there were 706 people, now about two thousand. The village belonged to the lords of Deblin and Lomnice residing near Tišnov Šitbořice purchased and to keep their own wine. The diligence of the local population is the fact that Šitbořice have the lowest unemployment Břeclav district. Modernization of winemaking sparked the establishment of an agricultural school in nearby Klobouky 1921.


The cellar alley


Cellars as the last refuge

At the end of the Second World War there were very hard fight - for the Germans were Šitbořice last natural stronghold from Brno. From 15 to 26 April 1945, the entire village hidden in the cellars. Mr. Stejskal benefit from the experience of the first war and a cellar dug into the L-shaped - a grenade, which the Germans threw in, so the corner and stopped at a local he had time to blow out before the explosion. In the basement of the mansion, which is Ruzena Nevídalové, then reportedly stayed with the Red Army headquarters. The line has moved several times and Nikolčická street was completely razed to the ground. Then passed through a village 20 000 soldiers. After the war, took advantage of some poor residents offer to relocate to the border and now in the Znojmo wine. The main attractions are sulfur baths Štengar and museum in the old school building.
Vínečko, no water ...

Vineyards on mountain tracks Young, Old Mountain, New Mountain, differences Traverse y Hradisko Torhety (according to old chronicles "crazy hills, romantic landscape", now mostly covered in terraces), Kurdějov, shame (at avoiding the often narrow path pojezdily cars made the field and shame) are famous mainly Neuburským. Copious consumption of wine in the past was conditioned by the lack of drinking water: a century ago in the village there was a cholera epidemic, called hodoňka. The position of wine in the village community was extraordinary: "As kids we used to go naturally in fruits, sósedovo seems always better. But the grapes not reach even the largest Sigri, it was simply taboo, "says a local vintner, and heraldry sculptor Josef Zelinka. The final Šitbořic comes Antonin (1923-2006), author of winemakers in Africa and few other places. Wine learned to understand from childhood: "My grandfather lit a candle on a barrel of interpreting sotůrku bacon and bread, put red wine (white was little and drank only on special occasions), filled into glass" hranky "and we koštovali. Had a beautiful ruby ​​color, with a true spark that used to be weaker. The wine was a bit sour, but the bacon tasted fine. "When we touched the culinary theme, let us have memories of the Final, that is cooked in a vintage, because every hand was needed in the field (hence also had a day off school). Therefore, only ate grapes and bread zajídaly with goose fat.

Things to do - pensive nostalgia - and simple beauty of the Carpathians

In Šitbořicích is about 700 smaller wine cellars, dug in the loess. They are mostly used by small vintners and form a separate part of the village. Have names such as Hradisko The Pětince, the three cellars, the chateau and in Svatojánku. Unusually number 41 looks like a cellar storey hayloft with the folded lomenicově půlkuláčů. Also of interest is carved neighboring cellar doors. In the Deep Cellar No. 244 Marie Finally, the rock is engraved the inscription - Charles the 1850th Rarity is the concrete facade of one of the cellars, which are vividly brought out maps of the Roman Empire and the European Union, dated the 1991st It is worth the cellar at Hradisko of 1979, whose facade is decorated with period discussed called Brussels. Otherwise prevail in Šitbořicích modest ground cellars, especially with the brick facade. In particular, Lane called the Carpathians their simplicity can provoke nostalgia for the days when basements filled mainly utility function. An exception is the uniform row of cellars nineties of the 20th century the road to the audience. The largest building in the village wine cooperative is Marysa cellar, and now property Zemax. Most cellars still no water or electricity in place, which, however, has also its advantages. When the candle goes out winemakers, knows that the concentration of carbon dioxide from fermenting musts exceeded the acceptable level and need to go to fresh air. Mill are just the latest cellars, before all the people working around the wine made at home, relatives and acquaintances often used over a joint.

The festivities associated with wine

Gardening wine tasting (March)

Building on the 30th of May April - a tradition established in 1920 recruits
 

© 1996 - 2019 Nadace Partnerství. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

Design Zbyšek Podhrázský. Web by Kentico CMS.